Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 2 without a car in Miami

My bike still has a flat tire. So to get to the Arsht Center, where I volunteer as an usher some nights, I took the metro mover. It wasn't as convenient as a bike - with 8 stops and a transfer, it took me double the time it would take on my bike - but it it a good alternative given the situation, or when it is too hot or rainy outside. 

On the ride home is when it gets interesting. And since the Ultra Music Festival is this weekend, it got real interesting this night. It wasn't too crowded, since the 2 weekends-long EDM festival actually starts Friday, but there was a group of 8 white young people (teenagers even?) wearing minimal clothing, sunglasses, neon and gold everything and anything. The guys were putting on a show, hanging onto and flipping off the poles in the train showing off to no one in particular because let's be honest, everyone was in their own world. Even me. I turned up my podcast to hear over the Ultra fans acrobatics and the metro mover lady's booming voice announcing our arrival to each station.

Example of Ultra festival attendees, via musicfestivaltrends.com

No comments: